Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ups & downs.

Maybe this will be a new Tuesday thing.  My ups & downs.  I'll start with downs so we can end on a good note.

Downs:
* Our car is leaking transmission fluid.
* Tomorrow morning I need to call around, pick out a place to have the car taken, call a tow truck, and cross my fingers that it gets fixed.
* We potentially need to rent a car to get to Olive's baby shower that's in Iowa on Saturday.
* I don't like to talk about money. It makes me feel weird.
* Talking about money leads to other down thoughts such as: why did we buy this house? I wish I didn't have this house. Why is this house in Minneapolis? And so on.
* I found a barely used lens on craiglist that I really really want. But it's too expensive. Oh, there's that money thing again.
* Our pup sheds too much this time of year - it makes me want to cry, scream, and send her to a distant relative's home for approximately one month.
* I keep trying to make cookies but it keeps not happening.
* I've been really bad at reading blogs so far this week. And I'm behind on posting on my own.

Ups:
* We're not crazy about our car so maybe we could get a new one?
* Olive is having a baby shower on Saturday - or maybe a welcome Olive shower? What's it called after the baby has arrived?
* We might get to rent a car for the weekend.
* The weather is nice.
* I won a store credit to Along for the Ride @ etsy on Much Love Illy's blog today. At least my day started off lovely! I've decided to get some of these:


I'm really excited.

* Olive is cute.

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a great post! Even with the challenges it sounds like you had some pretty good ups!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] to work on point #2 from yesterday’s down list – calling around to find the best place to have our car towed. Any suggestions? Hopefully [...]

    ReplyDelete