Friday, March 13, 2015

My first home tour.

A couple of weeks ago I visited the home of an interior designer to photograph his progress on his new house. To be honest, I love being in other people's homes but it isn't generally appropriate to explore and pay attention to all of the tiny details.. so it was quite enjoyable to visit this home with that as the purpose!

I had a great time exploring the different angles to shoot the different spaces. In post processing I now see a few areas for improvement.. but I'm fairly new at this and am very happy with these results.

I was attempting to mirror the style that you might find in a home tour on Apartment Therapy or in a home tour coffee table book. Please let me know what you think!

I will share with you some of my favorite shots from the session but feel free to click here to see the entire (large) gallery if you're interested.



A view of the entryway with a peek into the living room.



Here is a peek back into the entryway. There is a custom coat rack and bench... I think they're great additions to the space - practical and simple.



Part of a custom made shelving unit that includes a little sitting area under a large window. I love the wood blocks that the plants are on.



The color of the wall behind the shelves is very similar to our living room. I've been seeing it everywhere lately.









It was fun to experiment with the different heights and angles for taking photos. Always having to keep an eye on how much ceiling is visible and what bits of various furniture is showing. And in an old house like this I had to keep on top of the lines because there was some fairly major slanting in some spots.



I think having the built-in shelf on the end of this long room was a very good use of the space. We have a long and narrow living room and it can be very challenging to place things correctly. This shelf really helps. Also not having a television...



Great chevron pillow.











This room is still questioning it's identity. Love the French doors... of course. ;)









I really love that doorstop.



The exposed pipe is pretty neat.



For a few days after this session my brain just couldn't stop thinking about this kitchen and what could be done with it. Like many rooms in our house, this room has many doors and windows which makes usable wall space rare. I came up with a few ideas. Buuuuuut.. that's not my job. :P















After a steep climb upstairs I found two bedrooms.









1.5 story homes are so fun.





This room was obviously a favorite.







Has a bit of a lake house vibe.















And, of course, a few shots of the owner.





I hope you enjoyed this tour as much I did!

Don't forget to peek at the gallery to see more photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment