Monday, January 26, 2015

Olive + June's Wagon Ride

Today was sunny and I find it far too easy to get stuck inside. This is one reason I want a smaller home next time. Olive was outside playing with dirty snow and June was having some lunch as he had just woken up from a nap. I saw our big wagon sitting in the kitchen and thought "hey, that wagon really shouldn't be in our kitchen" and also thought "let's go for a wagon ride!" So I threw on some real pants, bundled up the kiddos, and nearly an hour later (ha ha) we were outside. And it was cloudy. But we still had fun. :)

Here are a few of my favorite photos from today:





Olive had a last minute idea to bring the pinwheel along. It was spinning so fast.





This was hugely entertaining. I wouldn't call our neighborhood hilly but there's a bit of a slope. Today was fairly mild so there was a lot of melting. Each drain we passed was full of dripping sounds. Olive wanted me to stand on this one to see if it would break.

I kind like how their outfits are opposite.



We found so many puddles. Olive still calls them cuddles. It's amazing.



Olive repeatedly requested to pull June. At this point June was ready to go home.. he kept trying to stand up/jump out but soon found it amusing that his sister was pulling him along. She did a great job.

I am so happy that I found this used wagon for the kiddos on Craigslist for Christmas. The paint is peeling a bit.. but it adds character. I like how tall the sides are and that they're removable in case we have something interesting to carry or want to take the wagon in the car. I like used gifts, for multiple reasons. I like joint gifts. I like gifts that get us outside and moving. Gifts that add to the clutter and distraction and mess and add no direction to life are not my favorite.

To see the entire gallery click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment