Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Minnehaha Falls

I've been meaning to take the kids to see Minnehaha Falls while it's still frozen. Who knows what our winter will pan out to be this year and the frozen falls is always a sight worth seeing. It's silly but I always forget about the amazing things found within our city. In the midst of a million errands today we stopped by for a peek.

 Here are a few of my favorites:



I have a photo of Olive by this same tree from last Spring.



The stairs are closed to visitors during the winter months due to safety concerns. This didn't stop me from photographing a maternity session there last year and doesn't stop nearly every visitor to the falls, but we stayed atop and looked down from below, much to Olive's disappointment. I wanted to stick with following the rules, though. The stairs said "closed" and were blocked by chains and I saw a few "no trespassing" signs that were not there last year. The stairs were clear or snow or ice but still - rules are rules!







This deep puddle right next to the wall was possibly more fun than the falls.





Don’t worry, she was safely clung to the wall.



Oh, June was there too.





I snapped a lot of photos of Olive’s back.



Our trip ended when Olive turned around suddenly and said “I have to go potty!”



The bathroom is closed in the main building there so we piled back into the car and headed to our next stop - IKEA.

Click here to see the entire gallery of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment