Wednesday, May 2, 2012

a tasty mashup, #CoronaRita

This post brought to you by Chili’s Grill & Bar. All opinions are 100% mine.



I love word mashups. How about you? I have been pretty amused by them.. basically forever and I've always gotten a kick out of making them up.  I am usually less amused by mashups involving food or beverages actually coming to life but I think this situation is an exception to my "rule".



Have you heard of or enjoyed a CoronaRita at Chili's? What is a CoronaRita, you ask?



Corona + Margarita = CoronaRita! Wow!



Is your mind blown? It should be! It's made with Jose Cuervo Especial Tequila and Coronita.



CoronaRita sm.jpg



If you are into holidays.. or you look at a calendar.. or you are a person who exists in the world.. you are probably aware that it is nearly Cinco de Mayo!  Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? If you are anything like me  you are not prepared for holidays that are no Christmas or your child's birthday. 



Also, if you are anything like me you probably do not have any tequila, let alone Jose Cuervo Especial Tequila. And if you are anything like me you probably don't have any beer either.



So why not let Chili's take care of the complicated part of Cinco de Mayo for you? Grab family and/or friends, enjoy a meal, and a great mashup of a drink - a CoronaRita Margarita!  But don't let a lack of holidays stop you from going out - enjoy a meal out for a special family event, time away from home with friends, or simply on a whim - it's important!



I am sure you've heard of Chili's $20 Dinner for Two promotion.  I know that if we ever find ourselves in Chili's we would most certainly choose that.  Due to my current diet restrictions I would probably play it safe and order the Tostada Chips and Fire Roasted Corn Guacamole and the Quesedilla Explosion Salad (with corn tortillas, of course). Tyler would probably pick something gluten filled, since he typically can't eat that at home. The Classic Bacon Burger or the Cajun Chicken Pasta would do the trick. But no matter what we would order I am pretty certain it would pair quite nicely with a CoronaRita!  



What is your favorite dish at Chili's? What would you order along with a CoronaRita?



Remember... You must be 21 years or older to drink alcoholic beverages and, as always, please remember to drink responsibly. 



 



Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment