Saturday, March 3, 2012

wheat free teething biscuits.

I just whipped up Olive some teething biscuits tonight while making dinner, sugar free kheer, and vegetable stock. It was an eventful evening in the kitchen. Pretty steamy, too!

I recently started using Pinterest last week. I was largely against it for a while because I thought it would be another unnecessary time consuming social internet thing blah blah. I've had an invite for a while and decided to at least peek. To my delight I realized I could use it to "remember" things instead of having a billion bookmarks or tabs open. (Honestly, I don't even bookmark things.. I'm a billion tab person. So many tabs. It's so unhealthy.) Duh... you "pin" things to "boards" - why didn't I put that together when I first heard of it? So I transferred a lot of my taps to pins and did a little more searching for things I can eat on my elimination diet, things for Olive, and more! So helpful!

I stumbled upon a few recipes for teething biscuits and thought I'd post a quick little ditty of what I did since I've already had a few inquiries. There are a bunch of different recipes out there but they're all pretty similar. I basically threw everything in without measuring.

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together 1 cup of oatmeal infant cereal (I'm going to try grinding my own oats next time) and 1 cup of oat flour.
In another bowl combine one very ripe banana (mine was an overripe frozen banana), about 1.5 Tbsp of canola oil (I never measure anything), and a splash of water. Mix until combined and then add to the dry ingredients.
Mix together until combined, add more water if necessary, avoid stickiness if possible.
Roll out (I smushed with my hands - I love shortcuts) onto a floured surface (I used almond flour) until is about 1/4 inch thick and then cut into shapes (I made rectangles (sort of) with a pizza cutter).
Place the uncooked biscuits onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.



20120303-193947.jpg

Fresh, healthy, allergen free, preservative free, and full of yummy teething biscuits! Play around with the fruit or vegetable but plan to adjust your water according to how moist your fruit or vegetable is.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment