Friday, December 16, 2011

handmade christmas, installment #1.

I didn't get to work on the idea of handmade Christmas quickly enough this year but I've had a few successful projects. Some of these projects I should not share with you until after Christmas though.

But I can tell you about the wonders of toilet paper rolls and also of brown paper.







Cut the toilet paper and paper towel rolls and use the rings for all kinds of projects! I cut slits and poked holes to string them on yard and make garland!

If you know me in real life or on twitter you may know that I chose not to decorate this Christmas due to a lead dust issue in our house. A complicated story but just no that there were no Christmas decorations in our house until this toilet paper roll thing happened. Free, thrifty, fun! :)

I also used toilet paper rolls to aid in decorating Christmas gifts along with brown paper filler that was included in some boxes from Amazon.



A bit THANK YOU to Amazon and to toilet paper for making this Christmas possible... affordable... fun... and a little handmade. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment