Wednesday, November 24, 2010

friendsgiving prep.

I made yum yum salad yesterday while Tyler was working late.

Today I made the sweet potato thing but it needs to go into the oven for a bit tomorrow. I also made three pie crusts. With one of those crusts I made a pecan pie. I also made maple cream sauce for that pie. mm! I made brine for the turkey and then I put the turkey in it. The turkey is currently in a cooler filled with brine and ice packs on the back porch.

Tomorrow when I wake up I need to flip over the turkey.
At 9:30 the sweet potato thing goes in the oven while I prepare the green bean casserole.
At 10:00 the green bean casserole goes in the oven.
At 10:30 the turkey goes in the oven.
At sometime I make a simple salad.
When the turkey is done I make gravy.
At 2:00 we eat a lot of food.

mm.

I think the pie is really pretty. We'll see how it tastes but for my first pie I'm feeling pretty good.

Don't worry - I took step by step photos of EVERYTHING. :D

I'm sure you were worried.

1 comment:

  1. [...] we didn’t want to travel far with tiny Olive. To keep with the style of Thanksgiving 2010 (affectionately known as “Friendsgiving”) we celebrated with our friends Brooke & Scott who also did not go home. The week prior to [...]

    ReplyDelete