Tuesday, February 8, 2011

for me.

This post is mostly for me so I don't forget something that I want to remember.

Tonight Tyler and I watched the Frontline special tonight called Digital Nation for the second time. I'll be brief... I think it's nothing short of amazing because it touches on many feelings and opinions that I started forming midway through high school. Many of those feelings and opinions were rarely shared or understood by my peers. For the most part I don't think anyone even made an effort to understand where I was coming from - even my guidance counselor (who I think I met with far too frequently.. just to chat..). While watching this Frontline special I often talk to the television (though I suppose I do that often as well as with public radio) and restrain myself from attempting to climb inside the television to share in the discussion and research on the topic.

Rather than climbing into the television I think I should read the following books (this is the point of this post: emma, read these books):
The Flickering Mind: The False Promise of Technology in the Classroom and How Learning Can Be Saved
The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future (Or, Don't Trust Anyone Under 30)

Also, I need to make this soft box. But first I need to buy a flash.

Back to thank you cards. And then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment