Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Christine.

Last week I received an email on our larger Willard Homewood/Hay listserv from a woman who lives quite a few blocks south on our street. She was wanting some input from the neighborhood about starting a massage therapy and doula services business in her home. I immediately responded and first mentioned that I thought that was a great idea. I then immediately inquired about her doula services as she had mentioned she is getting certified. Her response was better than I could have asked for - she needs to do one more birth before she can be certified and it would be for free! Doula services is something that I've known a bit about and have researched briefly but decided we probably can't afford that extra expense. So obviously free services would be wonderful and quite a blessing if it works out.

Christine came over tonight after we got home from work so we could meet, learn a bit more, and decide our next steps. I think she seems like wonderful a wonderful and positive person, I think she would be a great fit, and obviously a useful asset to this entire process. It's also neat that she's from our neighborhood. She may even be interested in having a website made for her. :)

If you're interested in learning more feel free to check out www.DONA.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment